Browse by Category
A composting tumbler on rollers that allows to conveniently and efficiently convert your organic waste into compost.
Each COMPOSTA comprises the following:
- A 210L (100cm long x 50cm dia) upcycled plastic drum fitted with a sliding door, a screw-in lid and three handles. The sliding door is fabricated from fiberglass.
- A recycled plastic base frame with nylon rollers to support the drum and allow it to be easily rotated by hand
The COMPOSTA is operated as follows:
- Organic waste is added to the drum through the sliding door.
- The drum is to be rotated once or twice each time new material is added. Ideally, the drum should be rotated once a day to maintain optimum aeration for the compost forming microbes.
- The drum is rotated by hand, by means of the handles fitted to the drum.
- The finished compost is removed from the drum through the screw-in lid. The drum can also be lifted free from its base and emptied into a wheel barrow or directly onto the garden.
- Once empty, the lid is refitted onto the drum which is placed back on its frame.
Note: the drum should never be completely emptied of compost, as retaining some of the active microbes will speed up conversion of fresh organic waste into compost. One or two handfuls of compost left in the bottom of the drum is sufficient.
Please refer to our FAQs for further information.
No reviews yet!
Be the first to leave a review